You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
Online services offered
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
We would encourage you to consider the below, before enabling online 24/7 access to ensure this is a service helpful to you.
- Forgotten history – There may be something you have forgotten about in your record that you might find upsetting.
- Abnormal results or bad news – If you have access to test results or letters, you may see something that you find upsetting to you. This may occur before you have spoken to your doctor or while the surgery is closed and you cannot contact us.
- Coercion – If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time.
- Complex information – Your medical record is designed to be used by clinical professionals to ensure that you receive the best possible care. Some of the information within your medical record may be highly technical and not easily understood. Further clarification can be sought from the Practice, ideally requests are submitted in writing or via e-mail with clear reference to the text or terminology in question.
- Information about someone else – Before access to your record is enabled, we must remove any reference to a third party. If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible.
Complete the form at the Surgery – Patient only
Please come in to the surgery to complete the relevant forms for online services.
Please note: if you wish to register for online services, to access your repeat prescriptions, appointments etc., you are also required provide evidence of your ID.
Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
Please note that each family member requires an individual log in and password therefore a separate registration. This service is only available for patients aged 16 or over.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish. These forms are available at the surgery
Patient Access video tutorials
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
The Patient Responsibility
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.